Eid will be this Tuesday, October 15th. Eid Salah will be approximately 9:30. Overflow parking is available at National Business College. Food will be provided, there is no need to bring any from home this year.
1. Eid will be this Tuesday October 15th. Eid salah will be approximately 9:30. DO NOT BRING ANY FOOD! Please donate money into the red bucket if you would like all your proceeds to be for the Eid kid’s celebration. We are planning on having many of the same competitions and fun activities as we did during the last Eid celebration. We need your support, please put yuor donation in the red bucket if you want your money to go for that purpose.
2. There will be a Chaand Raat, (ladies henna night fundraiser) on Sunday, October 13 from 4pm to 8pm. The event is Ladies only! Dinner is potluck so please bring your favorite dish (no rice)! Henna is $5 dollars per hand for Ladies, $5 both hands for girls.
3. JMU MSA needs your support for the Eid Al Adha dinner. Please contact Naveera or Seinab. When: Thursday, October 17th 7-8:30 PM Location: Transitions, Warren Hall, JMU
4. Please keep this masjid your duahs. We also need your full fledge support and donations for the payment of the parking lot project. The total is about $45,000 dollars. Please keep your steady support coming. If you would like to donate specifically for this project, simply put the money in an envelope and write on it “Parking lot project.”
Chaand Raat is an event that originated in Pakistan and India where women and girls decorate their hands with mehndi (henna) in preparation for Eid. Chaand Raat for Eid al-Adha will take place on Sunday, October 13, 2013 from 4:00-8:00PM and is open to all women and girls in the community.
The event isLadies only! Dinner is potluck so please bring your favorite dish (no rice)! Henna is $5 dollars per hand for Ladies, $5 boh hands for girls.
The First 10 days of Zul Hijjah: Why They Matter
by Sound Vision
Even for those not performing the pilgrimage, Hajj, the first ten days of this month are considered very sacred and a time for increased reflection, seeking Allah’s forgiveness, doing good and various other forms of worship. READ MORE
1) Saturday School will start @ 11:15am and end after Zuhr prayer 1:45pm. Bring children and sign them in and out. Students to bring last year’s textbooks’
2) If you missed Saturday School registration last Saturday, you can register tomorrow @ 12:45. Registration fees is $50 per child; preferably, to be paid by check payable to IASV.
3) Sunday school will start this week. More details are available from Br. Ehsan.
The latest newsletter has been released with news articles about Eid al-Fitr and a multi-page photo spread of Eid al-Fitr day and the Eid al-Fitr celebration. Pictures we could not fit in the newsletter are available on the IASV site! Please visit the Eid al-Fitr 2013 Gallery. Remaining pictures will be uploaded over the next few days.
The Park View Mennonite Church invited members of the IASV to attend their School Kit Blitz event on Sunday, August 18, 2013. The event participants made school supply kits for refugee and displaced children in many other countries, including Muslim countries. Thanks to the Mennonite Church for the invite and to Naveera Rashid for coordinating the IASV community! 2013 School Kit Blitz Gallery
The Eid Celebration will now take place on Saturday, August 17, 2013 at the IASV Masjid from 2-6PM